The Plateau Joggers are an elevated take on classic knit jogging pants. With a high rise, unique wrap-around pockets and a comfy elastic waist, they are ideal loungewear at home or on the street.
View A is a relaxed fitting pant with an optional drawstring waist and two choices of ankle finish: a fabric cuff or gathered elastic hem. View B is a pair of shorts with a gently scalloped hem. Optional back pockets can be added to either view.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Recommended Fabric: Choose thicker knit fabrics like cotton fleece, polar fleece, French terry, ponte, and double knits with at least 15% crosswise stretch. For a lighter pair of joggers, choose medium to heavy weight jersey knits.
- Stretch, ballpoint or jersey needle
- Polyester thread in matching colour
- Marking tool
- 2" (50mm) wide elastic for waistband (1.5yd/1.3m)
- Optional: double needle for topstitching OR coverstitch machine
- Optional: 1" (25mm) wide elastic for pant leg cuffs (1yd/0.9m)
- Optional: 1.5yd/1.3m cord for drawstring
- Optional: two grommets for drawstring opening on waistband (can be substituted with machine buttonholes)
Measurements & Fabric Requirements:
YARDAGE REQUIREMENTS (SIZES 0-20)
View A (Pants)
58" / 1.5m = 0-14 = 1.75yd / 1.6m, 16-20 = 2.25yd / 2m
View B (Shorts)
58" / 1.5m = 0-14 = 1yd / 0.9m, 16-20 = 1.25yd / 1.15m